The “aphid” fungus finally showed up this week. I expect it to be on more farms next week. We retreated 200 acres of cotton this week for aphids. The previous treatment occured about 10 days earlier. This was a situation where we had a lot of aphids, honeydew,aphid mummies and hot temps.
Nothing is much different than last week concerning lygus and stinkbugs. Square retentions are still high. We’ve been finding very few adult and nymph lygus. Immature stinks are beginning to show up a little more and most of the crop will be entering the 3rd week of bloom next week. We will be using the 10% internal boll damage thresshhold until the 5th week of bloom. I have noticed a lot of adult brown stinkbugs on pigweed.
We continue to pull up palmer pigweed…..I pulled up my biggest yesterday (4-5ft). So far, no ALS resistant ones.
Pix applications are going out every 7-10 days at 12-16 oz/a. We are averaging .5-1 inch of rain in certain areas every week. This is a blessing for most.
Foliar urea (3-5 gals/a) is being applied in some areas where fields have been water logged. We are adding this in with Pix.